Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mango Confetti Salsa



Source: Pampered Chef

Weight Watchers Points+ Values: I didn't calculate, but I would assume it would be zero, given the ingredients.

MANGO CONFETTI SALSA


1 large mango (we used 2)
½ small jicama (we used the whole thing)
1/3 orange bell pepper (again, the whole thing)
1/3 red bell pepper (who has time to measure? throw the whole thing in!)
1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed (I guess we used this too, all of it)
1/3 small red onion (I believe all of this went in as well)
1 tbs fresh lime juice (we used... 2? Maybe 3? Look, there wasn't a lot of measuring going on)
¼ tsp salt 
½ tsp Chili Lime Rub (This is recommended as it is the official P-Chef rub, but we found a Mango Lime Rub at the local grocery store and it was perfect)

Cut/core the mango. Don't peel it.

Peel the jicama. (Pronounced "hick-a-muh" for those of you who are unfamiliar with Spanish. I'd never heard of this before but it's popular on the Weight Watcher circuit. Just... look for a sign, you'll find it. It looks kind of odd. I wasn't the one gathering ingredients so I still have no idea where this is located, but it's somewhere in the produce section.) 

Chop everything into little pieces. 

Throw the little pieces into a food processor.

Process!

Dump back into a bowl, add the lime juice and salt, and stir. Then throw some rub on there. I honestly didn't measure any of it, I just went by taste and had it right on the first try.

Eat! (Don't forget to buy some tortilla chips, that is helpful to the process).

Verdict: Holy yum, Batman! This was Delicious. Capital D. It does make quite a bit, especially if you use the entirety of your fruits/veggies (and why wouldn't you?), but if you're having a gathering of sorts, it should be the right amount.

Leftover Quality: Undetermined, as it was all left at the party in question. I'm sure it would be good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment