Tuesday, March 29, 2011

WW Creamy Lemon Pie (Modified)


Source: A Weight Watchers weekly handout; this was modified in various ways, both intentional and not. As such, I recalculated the points to see where it landed.

Weight Watchers Points Plus value (if you go by the original recipe): 4 pts+ (10 servings)
Weight Watchers Points Plus value (if you go by my recipe): 5 pts+ (10 servings)

Yes, I somehow managed to make it more. I'm awesome like that.

As always, my comments in italics, below.

WW CREAMY LEMON PIE

6 whole reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers (because I am a genius, and only wrote "graham crackers" on my list, I ended up with reduced-fat honey graham crackers. I also used 8 instead of 6.)
2 Tbsp butter (I used margarine instead)
11 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk (I used the whole 14-oz can)
2 large eggs (I was going to try egg whites instead, but I only had 2 eggs in my fridge, and it's a 2:1 ratio if you just use whites - 2 eggs worth of egg whites = 1 egg with yolk. So I'll maybe try that next time.)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (I didn't measure... I squeezed the juice out of two small lemons and called it good)
1 Tbsp lemon zest (again... didn't measure. Just zested one of the small lemons until I could zest no more)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Grind graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Or place crackers in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. (or, you know, find some way to smash them into little bits. I chose to mash them with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Your choice.) Place crumbs in a small bowl.

Melt butter (or margarine) on stovetop or in microwave and pour over graham cracker crumbs, mixing with a fork until completely moistened. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom of a 9" pie pan; place crust in refrigerator while preparing lemon filling.

In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and eggs; mix until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest; stir until incorporated and pour into prepared crust. ("until incorporated" -? Who writes this?!)

Bake pie for 15 minutes. Cool completely and for best flavor, serve chilled. Yields 1 piece per serving.

Note: This pie can be baked and frozen for up to two weeks. Defrost and serve chilled.

Verdict: Omg, yummy! Also, I am apparently incapable of figuring out how to cut a pie into 10 pieces, so I ended up with 12 pieces, which actually brings my point total per piece back down to 4. I also put a dab of fat-free cool whip on top, which adds zero points. Delish!

Leftover quality: I can't imagine it would suck... after all, it's a PIE we're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment